1. Minimizes perceived wait time: You can keep the customer entertained to improve their experience. A digital display gives them something to do-it’s less annoying to wait if you’ve got something to watch. As a result, perceived wait time drops.
2. Runs time-sensitive ads: The lead time on print ads is at a minimum of six weeks or even longer for some industries such as restaurants. But digital signage is connected to the internet, which means that fresh ads can be rolled out as easily as a social media post. It also means:
· You can run social media weather, feeds, blog posts and whatever you like on the website.
· You can run relevant and local ads
3. Being inexpensive: Compared to traditional signage, it’s much cheaper to create and roll out new ads for digital screens. It means that you can execute more targeted, local marketing campaigns.
4. Manages content depending on the time of day or day of the week: If you’re an owner of a restaurant, you can display breakfast ads during breakfast. Alternatively, if you have a retail clothing business, you can run ads featuring rain gear on rainy days and sunglasses on sunny ones.
5. Increases sales: DataTrend reported that digital signage increase purchase amount by almost 30% each in retail business. In terms of digital marketing tactics,
6. Being interactive: Digital signage helps you to interact with your customers and thus learn more about them. For example, you might run a social promotion where customers can sign up to receive email newsletters in exchange for a discount. Waiting in line to check out with their smartphone is a prime time to deliver that message to customers.
7. Doubles up marketing efforts by using content online and on digital signage: Most businesses produce far more digital marketing content at both the national and local levels than ever ends up offline. Digital signage helps you to leverage a lot of that creative work and reuse it, effectively and quickly updating your in-store marketing.
8.Tests and iterates your marketing tactics quickly: You can put up and take down different ads at the click of a button, you can be extremely effective in testing which marketing messages work best. Over time, you can hone your digital marketing strategy accordingly.
9. Reduces administration costs: Installing digital signage might be expensive, but you save money in the long run by reducing print and administration costs. Digital signage equipment is generally regarded as a capital investment and comes out of an operations budget and not your marketing budget. Even better, there is no print cost.
Administration can be done by one person in a central location. So if you own 10 branches, you can update all of them at once. With just one person updating it, it’s easier to manage and you can ensure peace of mind that it’s been done. In comparison to traditional sign, digital signage:
· Is easier to comply with changing regulations
. Is faster and easier
10. lets you leverage video: Video is far more engaging than stills. Digital signage lets you leverage the hypnotizing power of video to snag and hold customers’ attention. Even simple animations like pause and zoom effects on still artwork provide a more engaging viewer experience.